CharlotteSJ
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.
32200768

which countries are visa free for a british passport holde

which countries are visa free for a british passport holder?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 6 years ago.

Obviously you can travel to any EU country without a visa as a British citizen but in terms of other countries outside the EU, you would need to contact their own embassy to ascertain whether or not you need a visa. A lot of countries, just require you to complete an entry form and perhaps pay a nominal fee for example some Caribbean countries and certain African countries, it is not necessary to apply for a visa prior to travel. Other countries for example America, will require you to go through a security check (which can be done online) a minimum of 72 hours prior to travel.

Obviously there are many different countries and each one will have their own visa requirements (or not as the case may be). The best way to ensure you are traveling legally is therefore to decide which country you wish to go to and then look up their specific visa requirements prior to travel.

I hope this answers your question in which case please accept. If you have any further questions please ask.