INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I am a Romanian doctor married to a Bahraini doctor (non-EEA),

I am a Romanian doctor married to a Bahraini doctor (non-EEA), he is got a EEA-Family Permit, we have a plan to immigrate and work in UK, and we are awarr that some of the regulations prevent us from taking a job directly. We understand that I need to issue a Registration Certificete and my husband needs to get Family Member Residence Stamp before we can do get a job.
(1) Do we need to be in UK to apply, and for how long before we can start application?
(2) What is the time needed to get things done while in UK?
(3) Can we apply both at the same time or mu husband has to wait till I get my registration certificate?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

As a Romanian National, you wiull have to register with the Worker Registration Scheme, as will your Partner.

You can apply for this in the UK as you are entitled to travel to the UK without any restrictions by virtue of being an EEA National and the family member of an EEA National.

Time limits for applications vary and could take anything up to 12 weeks.

Both you and your partner can apply at the same time and will not necessarily have to apply at different times.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further quetsions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your response.

Our problem now that we have jobs in Bahrain and we can not leave for more then 3 weeks in any year,so how can I manage this situation?

I came to know that I can apply for the medical job (as I am Romanian), and my husband (as he has a EEA Family Permit) but we can not start working before Registration, is it true?

Thanks

Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

If you are working in Bahrain, I would suggest your husband submit his application in Bahrain.

It is true that you can start working as a Doctor. As you are an EU National, you would not need to take the PLAB test and will just need to obtain GMC Registration before you start to work.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We are both registered within the GMC,

(1) Can we apply directly to NHS Deaneries for specility training programs based on being Romanian and having the EEA-Family permit before getting Worker Registration scheme?

(2)For my husband , can he apply for FMRS from Bahrain ??

Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

(1) You will need to register with WRS.

(2) Yes he can, provided he meets the GMC Requirements.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click acccept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is it possible to suggest a lawyer or legal advisor who can file our requests and represents us in UK?
Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

You can try Mr. Hassan Butt on: 0044 (0)1189 585 855.

Kind regards,

INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)