Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I am an HSMP dependent and got HSMP in october 2005 before

Customer Question

I am an HSMP dependent and got HSMP in october 2005 before the law changed about what cold be gotten with leae to remain. before november 2006 the law was that if you had leave to remain you got home fees but after the ILR changes it was said that you had to have ILR to get home fees. Justice Cox in the HSMP forum decision said that there is no good reason why anyone who got HSMP before 2005 should not have the benefits they were promised. can it be argued successfully that one of the benefits offered at the time was home fees before you got ILR. we were told that if we applied on a hsmp status that i would get home fees and now the law has changed i am left in the lurch
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.

My name is Francine, and I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question!

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to require an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully
4. the question price you selected is too low for the complexity of the question

Please feel free to re-word your question or increase the price if you feel that may be the reason. Of course you are not required to increase the price. :)

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

JustAnswer Moderator