Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I was born in england on march 11 1990, non of my parents are

I was born in england on march 11 1990, non of my parents are british citizens, and I have been in and out of the united kingdom since I have been born. Can I still be a british citizen

What nationality are you parents and do you have any grandparents who are UK citizens?>

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My Parents are Nigerian and I have no grandparents who are UK Citizens.

Okay. Can you provide details of your most recent times in the UK and under what visa you stayed here?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My most recent visa is a two year student visa, from aug 2008 to october 2010, previosuly I had a five year visiting visa. I am not sure when that expired, but it expired in 2009

Right. If neither of your parents or grandparents are UK citizens then you will not be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain (and then citizenship after that) on that basis.

Instead, you would have to come here on another form of visa and wait until you have been here for the requisite number of years under whatever visa you obtain before you are able to apply for ILR and then citizenshp.

Sorry it could not be better news. If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,