Paul Richmond
Paul Richmond, Barrister
Experience:  LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)

My visa expires on 26 august 2010 and my flight back to the

Customer Question

My visa expires on 26 august 2010 and my flight back to the UK is on the 19th of July. My new course starts in september 2010. I intend to apply for a new visa in the UK. I was wondering if I would encounter any problems at immigration when I arrive back?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Paul Richmond replied 6 years ago.

Since you will have valid leave when you arrive back in the UK then you will not have any problems entering the country. There is no reason for the UK Border Agency to refuse you entry to the United Kingdom because you will arrive here with a valid visa. After you have arrived, do make sure that you apply to extend your student visa in-time though (i.e. before the visa expires) otherwise this could affect your immigration status in the future.

I hope this answers your question. Please kindly click ACCEPT so that I may be rewarded for my time. Thank-you.