How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11718
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my filipno wife of 18months was rejected for tourist visa

This answer was rated:

my filipno wife of 18months was rejected for tourist visa for uk 4 months, they acknowledge i had funds and accommodation but stated they were not convinced my wife would leave UK after visa citing lack of bank statement etc. Should we appeal ?



Thanks for your question.


Will your wife be return ing to the Phillipines at the end of her trip?


Are you resident in the UK?


Does your wife intend to live with you in the UK?


many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am a resident in uk- i have been living with her since March 22 to date in philipines extending my visa - we originally intended to go to london just for 4 months then in couple of years relocate with her 4 children. She has no savings or proof of bank funds is that the reason its say rejected under paragraph 41.If we apply again or appeal and is refused will it count against us in future. will it stop her travelling to places like Hong kong and singapore



If you appeal or apply again, it should not be counted against her. In any event, the UKBA should not have refused the Visa as your wife has an Article 8 right, i.e. the right to a Private and family Life, as do you.


If you have been granted Leave to Appeal, I suggest you appeal.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Knd regards,

INC and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions