CharlotteSJ
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.
32200768

Need help from an immigration lawyer...if my company is spon

Customer Question

Need help from an immigration lawyer...if my company is sponsoring me for a job in the UK and helping me get my work permit, will the UK do a background check and if so what happens if you have a DUI?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 6 years ago.

You will have to declare any criminal convictions you have on the application form for your leave to enter even if you manage to get a work permit license first. The Home Office will take these into account however they will look at the specifics of the conviction including how long ago it was and whether you have had any convictions since. It's not an automatic bar to getting a work permit however it will be taken into consideration.

I hope this answers your question in which case please Accept. If you require anything further, please ask.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi thank you for this. I understand I need to declare it on the form, but just curious if they actually do run a background check?