UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I would like to know what to do now. I applied British Citizenship

Customer Question

I would like to know what to do now.
I applied British Citizenship application on 01/06/2010 and has been refused today. As I got motor conviction offence DR10 on 01/08/2006. I paid £200 fines and get 1 year driving disqulification at that time. But I failed to declare it as I thought my case has been closed after disqualification period. Now they reply me that I cant apply for next 10 year. What should I do? Is there any chance for me?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 6 years ago.
You can appeal the decision - however you would need to show there has been an error in procedure or that the decision taken was wholly unreasonable.

Based on the fact you failed to disclose a conviction - my view is that you would unsuccessful.

I know this is not the answer you wanted, but based on what you have said I consider this to be your position.