Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

l have been in UK since 1998 on a student visa. l applied for

Customer Question

l have been in UK since 1998 on a student visa. l applied for indefinite leave to remain in Uk on the grounds of long residence but it was refused due to a gap of approximately 3 years and 76 days in my continuous valid leave and they have decided that l have not had at least 10 years continuous residence in the UK. I appealed and it was refused and they advise me to apply for Asylum Seeker yet l am a qualified Nurse who have just qualified .l hve been offered a job and they are processing my work permit.what shld l do at the meantime coz my visa expired.l have an upper tribunal appeal so if l log in will that have an effect on my work permit process aswell
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Are you saying you have two different applications pending (including one at appeal)?

Many thanks,