INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I am a NHS doctor on tier1 dependant visa and my husband is

I am a NHS doctor on tier1 dependant visa and my husband is a doctor as well.My question is can i apply for a visa on an independent category as we plan to seperate.We are seperating amicably and he is willing to apply for ILR on my behalf for which we shall be eligible in a years time,is it possible for him to apply for me even if i am living on a different address from him
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

If you and your husband seperate and you are a dependant of your husband's, I am afraid you would then have to return to your home country.

If you wish to remain in the UK, you will have to obtain permission to remain in the UK on your own merit.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,