CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.

hello there my brother has applied for his residency to home

hello there my brother has applied for his residency to home office and he has an appoinment for tommorrow early in the morning one of the requirements was his
recent work permit, but it was missing and could not find anywhere, just want to know if it will be a big problem, is the stamp from the passport enough for proof?hope you could answer me ASAP, thanks a lot.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 6 years ago.

Do you mean that he cannot find the paper work permit invitation but he has the leave to remain stamp in his passport?

If so, this shouldn't cause a huge problem as they have the evidence that that he has lawful stay in the UK and they should be able to check on their own records that a work permit was issued. It is always advisable to take as much evidence as possible as this can be a reason for refusal but he should be given a right of appeal if it is refused and you could argue that this is not a justifiable ground for refusal if he has everything else including all passports but just not the invitation.

I hope this answers your question in which case please Accept. If you require any further information, please ask.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes that is right, but do you think at this very late moment, we could contact the work permit dept tommorow at 9.00 am to ask whether they could give us a copy of it before the interview at 11.00am just taking a chance,,,what can you suggest was it a good idea?

You can try. You may not be able to get it but it is worth a try. Even if they can't get it to you for tomorrow, still request that they send it to you as it could be useful at a later stage eg appeal or if they don't make a decision tomorrow, you can continue to send in information up to the point they do make a decision. You could therefore send the formal invitation copy to follow.

Do highlight to the Home Office during the interview though that he does have his leave to remain stamp showing lawful residence and that all it will take is a check of their own records to verify that he was granted his work permit.

Best of luck to your brother with the interview.

I hope this answers your question in which case please Accept. If you require anything further please ask.