Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

i already overstay 3 months now ,if leaving to uk will i be

Customer Question

i already overstay 3 months now ,if leaving to uk will i be able to apply the visa come back to uk again
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Upon your leaving your overstay will be noted. This will not result in an automatic ban immediately but it is likely that any visa application you make in the future will be refused initially because of the overstay. You will then have to appeal this and the decision will be entirely at the discretion of the Home Office.

On appeal you will have to produce very good reasons why it was necessary for your overstay and if this is because of a dispute with your college on your student visa then it would be well worth your while to collect as much information on it now so that you can produce it at a later date. All of this will be needed to establish the credibility of your claim that an overstay was your only option, but, again, it is at the discretion of the Home Office.

If you were here on a mere visitor's visa then it will be much harder to justify your overstay I'm afraid.

Sorry it could not be better news.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for your great answer.I know what I am gonna do in the future I applying the Visa. I also have a question that is there any chance possibility to avoid being banned when leaving through the London airport
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

No, they do not issue bans upon your leaving but, as I say, your overstay will be noted and possibly used against any future application you make.

There is no way of disguising your overstay I'm afraid and I would urge you not to consider attempting to do so - it could compound your problem and make it much harder to apply at a later date. Swallow the overstay and take your chances applying at a later date.

Thanks for your kind accept.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX what I'm gonna do. thanks for your great answer. I just signed one month free trail. is that possible if I ask question in the near future through you?
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Yes, that's fine. I believe there is a way of requesting my user name "T_Graham12"

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All I want to say grateful of your assisted answer sometime ago. It was leave me relief out of pressure at the time.

As you had mentioned my overstay is noted in the file which I am wondering how long will it be removed?
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.