How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7590
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi, i came to uk on the spouse visa for 2 years..... now i

This answer was rated:

hi, i came to uk on the spouse visa for 2 years..... now i want to go back to pakistan for 6 months,,,, i came to uk only 9 months ago.....
how long i can stay in pakistan?????
& if i stay there for 6 or 7 months is there any problems with my visa????
i mean i can come back ok???



Thanks for your question.


It's not a problem in the sense that you will be able to return to the UK after being in Pakistan for that time because you still have a valid visa.

Note though that this period will impact on your residential qualifying period for your to make an application to stay here permanently, which means that you may have to apply for further leave to remain when your visa does expire so that you meet the requisite period in order to apply for what will be called earned citizenship when the new rules come in next year.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,




Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions