Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

i came to the uk in 2003 with a student visa that i failed

i came to the uk in 2003 with a student visa that i failed to renew in march 2007 because of unforseen circumstances. I have been an overstayer for the past 3 years. What can i do? Going back home is not an option.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question

Sorry to be blunt, but there is absolutely nothing you can do. You can either continue to live here illegally or leave, be noted as an overstayer, and attempt re-entry by another form of immigration permission at a later date. Obviously, your period of overstay would count against you.

Unless you are claiming asylum then the UKBA will not view it in any other light than a willful ovestay.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time it will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,