Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

hello hope u can help me with my problem about working permit

1. august o4 2004 to august 4 2006 my first working permit visa in uk
2. august 28, 2006 my employer file my extension of working permit
(as u will noticed it was late filing but my employer said that there there is 28 grace period so
application is valid.
3. oct. 9, 2006 working visa permit was approved
4. nov 3, 2010 lodge application for leave to remain and it was approved from nov. 30 to march 29 2010.
my question is from august 4, 2006 to nov 3, 2006 which is 3 months gap are the following:
am i allowed to work during those gap year
am i illegal worker for that 3 months gap
does it will affect my application for indefinite leave to stay if i applied last oct 19,2009
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If your original working visa expired on 4 August 2006 and after your employer filed the application for extension on 28 August 2006 your working permit was valid from 9 October 2006 then I'm afraid that you were technically here illegally.

For the purposes of your ILR application the period when you were illegal will be discounted, it is also unlikely that they will allow the two year period before the illegal period because the gap interrupt your 'continuous period of employment'. You never know, you might be lucky and they'll miss it and be okay.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,