Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

HI CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE OK I WANT TO MARRY MY MUSLUM EGPITION

HI XXXXX ME PLEASE
OK I WANT TO MARRY MY MUSLUM EGPITION
IM STILL MARRED WAITING BFOR MY DIVORCE TO COME THROUGH
AS SOON AS IM FREE I WANT TO MARRY HIM
WE WILL HAVE OUR FIRST MEET IN 30 THG JUNE
WE BOTH LOVE EACH OTHER
& WANT TOI MARRY
CAN WE MARRY IN UK OR DO I HAVE TO MARRY IN EGYPT CAN HE COME FOR HOIDAY & HOW MUCH MONEY WILL HE NEED TO VISIT &ALSO WHEN WE MARRY HOW MUCH WILL HE NEED TO COME TO LIVE IN UK WITH ME I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME MANY THANKS
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Are you asking about the immigration status of your fiance after marriage?

Please state you nationality and immigration status in the UK.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes im asking about him

im british citizen i hopew that help you

i need to know when we marry can he come to uk with me after we marry

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Edited by T_Graham12 on 6/6/2010 at 8:34 PM EST
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Sorry, I've just been going through earlier answers and I noticed my above post. The JustAnswer web browser was being slow so I was typing my answer in Word and pasting. The above must have been a mis-paste.

If you wish for him come here so that you can marry then live together he will need to apply for a fiance visa. You would have to show that:-

You must show that:

• you plan to marry or register a civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually six months)
  • you plan to live together permanently after you are married or have registered a civil partnership
  • you have met each other before
  • there is somewhere for you and your dependants to live until you get married or register a civil partnership, and you will be able to live without help from public funds,
  • you and your dependants can be supported without working or claiming any help from public funds,
  • your fiancéé(e) is not under 21, and
  • you are not under 21 at the date of arrival in the UK.

You will be allowed to stay in the UK for six months but without permission to work. When you are married or have registered a civil partnership, you can apply to the UK Border Agency for a two-year extension to your visa.

Alternatively you can marry in Egypt and the apply for a spouses visa.

You will have to show that:-

• 1. That you are legally married to each other (marriage certificate)
  • 2. You are present and settled in the UK(eg. tenancy agreement, land registry registered legal title official copies if you own your home)
  • 3. You intend to live permanently together here in the UK as husband and wife (statements)
  • 4. You have met each other before (statements, copy correspondence)
  • 5. You can support each other without the need for public funds (bank statements)
  • 6. You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds
  • 7. That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates)

You will need to apply for settlement (ie. spouses visa) by using for VAF4 Settlement, available for download from UKBA's Visa website. It would be best for either a solicitor in the UK to prepare it in consultation with both you and your husband before sending it to you so that you can submit it to ensure the highest possible chance of success without the need to go to appeal.

If you are flexible on where you get married then I would have thought getting married in Eygpt and then applying for a spouses visa from there would be the easiest because you need only make one application.

You can find UK immigration solicitors by using the following Law Society search engine:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

To state the obvious, there is no need to click accept to this answer.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Solicitor