Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

A Woman wants to apply for her parents immigration

Customer Question

A Woman wants to apply for her parents immigration,currently living in Pakistan.She is married,working in Uk and has been sending them money every month to support them.Her brother lives in uk as well and he is on work permitt.Can she apply for her parents,even if her brother is also in the same country.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

What is the woman' immigration status in the UK and how old are the parents?

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She is british citizen and has the british passport.The parents are 63 and 64 years of age. Many Thanks for the reply.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If you intend for your parents to come to this country to remain here until they pass away then it is probably best for you to apply on their behalf for settlement in this Country. You will need to apply using Form SET(F), available for download here:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settlement/applicationtypes/

There are also some guidance notes on the site that will help you.

Their age is a difficult. Your parents must be over 65 years of age (which they obviously aren't -but presumably you will prepare the application so that it is ready to go when they turn 65 ) and there must be exceptional circumstances which means that they need to come here. They will have to show that they depend wholly or mainly on you for money, that you and your parents can and will be housed and maintained adequately without needing public funds in accommodation that you either own or exclusively occupy and that they have no other close relatives in Pakistan who can support them financially.

Rightly or wrongly, it's one of the more difficult immigration statuses to prove and it will almost certainly go to appeal. It would be best for a solicitor/immigration practitioner to prepare, or at least check, the application before it is made.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I wanted to give you the exact situation.

The Lady is on salary of £37000 per annum.

She has been sending her parents £230 per month.

She has the 4 bedroom house on rent.

Their is about £12000 in the Bank account.

The mother is depression patient, and she needs the care.

There is another sister in pakistan but she do not support the parents.

Kindly if you let me know that if they apply before the age of 65 how much chances are there for the application approval.

Thank you for the help.

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your kind accept.

I'm afraid the time limit is very strictly applied, usually only flexible in the case of a critical prognosis for a parent. It's difficult for me to be specific, I hope you appreciate this, but I think you would be facing an uphill battle until they reach the age of 65. After that I think you have a good chance if the £230.00 is essential to maintaining the parents in a reasonable standard of living.

If you apply before 65 I would have thought it essential to instruct a solicitor to act on your behalf given the age limit.

Kind regards,

Tom