Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

l have got a british citizen and l am originally from zimbabwe.

l have got a british citizen and l am originally from zimbabwe. my partner is in zimbabwe and we have a son together . at the moment l am doing my second year at university and l am living in a private rented house but the council pay most of my rent. l dont have money in my bank but l want my partner to come and join me. how can l invite him.thanx
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

How long have you been with your partner?

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
l started to know him 1999 until l came here when l was a month pregnant.when l stayed here for about 6months the relationship fade because of distance and we didnt know if we going to see each other again. l got married here in 2007 with a different man but we divorced in 2008 and no children. In 2009 january l started to communicate with my partner(my son 's dad) and we got along well again and l went to zimbabwe easter time to visit him and show him his son for the first time. now we planning to marry if he come over.
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question. You will not be able to apply for an unmarried partner visa as this requires you to have actually been in a relationship for two years. The start of this period would be taken to be January 2009.

Unless he comes on a student or work visa(which is difficult to obtain unless you are highly skilled), you could marry him in Zimbabwe and then he could apply for a spouses visa. He would have to show that you have met, marriage is genuine, and that you will be able to support each other without an further recourse to public funds than you are already receiving.

Or he could apply now for fiance visa. He would also have to show that you have a subsisting relationship, and that you can support each other without further recourse to public funds than you are already receiving.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards

Tom

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor