Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hi i am about to start a fiancee visa for my laos girlfriend

Hi i am about to start a fiancee visa for my laos girlfriend so we can marry in england next year,do i need to marry her in laos before the uk or dose this not matter,i now that they have some strange laws over there,and thought it might affect the visa applacation

Thanks Clint
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Clint,

Thanks for your question.

You do not need to marry her in Laos in order to apply for a fiance visa here. If you did marry her in Laos it would invalidate any fiance visa application you had already made. She will need to apply using Form VAF1F.

If you did marry her in Laos she would then have to make an application for a spouses visa.

Laos law does not impact upon UK immigration law or policy, no need to worr unduly about their "strange laws".

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions,

Kind regards,

Tom