A Hayat
A Hayat, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law

my irish passport expired december 2008.i am due to fly from

my irish passport expired december 2008.i am due to fly from scotland to germany tomorrow.can i still go as its e.e.c.or can i get emergency issue travel document?

As your passport has expired it is no longer a valid document and therefore there is no obligation on any airline or country to accept it for travelling or for that matter any other purpose. Although an airline or foreign country could in their discretion allow you entry you risk being refused entry or left being stranded in Germany until you somehow resolve your return travel. The safest thing for you to do is to therefore obtain an emergency travel document given the shortage of time that you appear to have.

Trust this answers your question.

Please don't forget to click accept! And then will I be glad to offer some additional information at no extra charge.

Edited by A Hayat on 4/7/2010 at 9:58 PM EST