CharlotteSJ
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.

Hi, How can I call my mother and my sister to the UK. My

Hi, How can I call my mother and my sister to the UK.
My visa status in UK:
HSMP, Nationality Pakistani.
My Mother (mid 40's) and my sister (15) is currently in Zambia. Zambian residents with Pakistani Nationality. My father recently passed away and has left my mom and my sister completely dependant on my.
What is the best way to call them to the UK to live with me so I can take care of them.

Thanks
NM
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 4 years ago.

Under the HSMP / Tier 1, it is not possible to bring over dependents other than your spouse or children.

As they will have to be making out of country applications, you will really struggle to get any discretionary application accepted. The Embassies tend to only accept straight forward entry clearance applications and so unfortunately your chances of being successful in this application are not very good.

If you wish to try then you could do so on form VAF4A as this is the settlement form however it is likely that you will have to pay the fee which is currently £1680 for elderly dependents and that you will then lose this money as the rules do not provide that you can bring over elderly dependents. Even if your visa did allow it, as your mother is only in her 40s, it is unlikely that the Home Office will accept that she is unable to provide for herself.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Charlotte,

Thanks for your reply. Is there another easier way for me call them over here under a different category perhaps. I want them to be here with me, the category does not matter.

You could bring them over as visitors but this will only be for 6 months, it will not be permanent. Otherwise unless they want to study and come as students, there is no long term visa you can bring them on.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Charlotte,

Thanks for your reply. I can call my sister over as student which should be fine. Would it be easier for me call my mother as my dependant once I have my indefinite leave to remain? Or even then its not possible.

Regards

Yes, once you have ILR, you can call your mother over as an elderly dependent although as she is under 65, you will have to show that she is living in the most exceptional and compassionate circumstances and that she is wholly financially dependent on you so start saving your proof that you are supporting her.

I hope this answers your question in which case please Accept. If you require any further information, please ask.

CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Experience: I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Charlotte,

Thanks a lot for your help.