How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CharlotteSJ Your Own Question
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
CharlotteSJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello there.. i m on a student visa staying in london..

Customer Question

hello there.. i m on a student visa staying in london... i stopped goin to the college for a while now.. My VISA is getting expired in the month of may... but i want to seriously do my ACCA course and settle in the UK. What can i do get my extension coz i havnt got the course completion certificate of previous college... kindly help me..
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 7 years ago.
If you have been in the UK on a student visa but not attending the college that you were supposed to then this could have negative implications for you when you come to apply for another student visa. You will need to explain to the Home Office in this application, why you are unable to provide your previous course certificates and also why you stopped attending college. If you are able to provide a good explanation then you should be able to convince the Home Office that if you were to start a fresh course, you would attend this one. If you are unable to provide a good explanation then the Home Office may not believe that you genuinely intend to study as you have previously breached the terms of your visa.

I hope this answers your question in which case please Accept. If you require any further information, please ask.

CharlotteSJ and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the only reason i ve got is the college was caught by BBC channel for givin out bogus certificates. As i wanna do my ACCA in a well renowned college atleast this time and if u cud help me with the best explanation i cud give to the home office that wud help me get a student extentision i mean the technical clauses u lawyers use to put on the application that wud b of great help. thnx in advance..

Related UK Immigration Law Questions