CharlotteSJ
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.
32200768

hello there.. i m on a student visa staying in london..

Customer Question

hello there.. i m on a student visa staying in london... i stopped goin to the college for a while now.. My VISA is getting expired in the month of may... but i want to seriously do my ACCA course and settle in the UK. What can i do get my extension coz i havnt got the course completion certificate of previous college... kindly help me..
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 7 years ago.
If you have been in the UK on a student visa but not attending the college that you were supposed to then this could have negative implications for you when you come to apply for another student visa. You will need to explain to the Home Office in this application, why you are unable to provide your previous course certificates and also why you stopped attending college. If you are able to provide a good explanation then you should be able to convince the Home Office that if you were to start a fresh course, you would attend this one. If you are unable to provide a good explanation then the Home Office may not believe that you genuinely intend to study as you have previously breached the terms of your visa.

I hope this answers your question in which case please Accept. If you require any further information, please ask.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the only reason i ve got is the college was caught by BBC channel for givin out bogus certificates. As i wanna do my ACCA in a well renowned college atleast this time and if u cud help me with the best explanation i cud give to the home office that wud help me get a student extentision i mean the technical clauses u lawyers use to put on the application that wud b of great help. thnx in advance..