CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.

I am working as a Registered nurse in UK, Me, my husband and

I am working as a Registered nurse in UK, Me, my husband and daughter are British Citizens. I have a son aged 24 years old, single who just finished his nursing degree and now a Registered Nurse in the Philippines.He is fully dependent on us as his parents.Every month we had been been sending money for his education and his daily expenses.Currently he is doing voluntary work as a Registered Nurse in the hospital for him to get a post graduate experience.Is it possible for us to sponsor our son who is living alone in the Philippines as our dependent.

As your son is over 18, you will struggle to bring him over as your dependent unless you can show that he is living in the most exceptional and compassionate circumstances. As he is a qualified nurse and is working albeit voluntarily, the Home Office are likely to argue that he has the potential capacity to work and earn his own money even if he is not currently doing so. To make a dependent application you will have to pay a fee and if you application is refused (which it probably will be) you will lose your fee. Keep in mind that the fees increase every April and this April the dependent family member fee is due to triple to approx £1600 so if you are thinking of making the application for him and risking the fact that it will be refused, I would do it before April.

A safer option would probably be for him to apply for some nursing jobs in the UK and come as a Tier 2 worker (the old work permit). Alternatively depending on his qualifications, he could see whether he meets the rules for Tier 1 (old highly skilled migrants programme).

I hope this answers your question in which case please Accept. If you require any further information, please ask.