How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amanji Your Own Question
Amanji, Immigration Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108
Experience:  Litigation Partner with live and varied private client immigration caseload.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Amanji is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My application has been refused. I have to appeal in 10 days. They

Resolved Question:

My application has been refused. I have to appeal in 10 days. They said I have been accepted for a course of study at Middlesex College, The secretary of state is not satisfied that is an organisation which is included on the Register of Education and Training Providers. But after 2 week that I apply with Middlesex College I change to a new college and I don't know I have to let's them know. And when I apply with Middlesex College they still Register with home office. I don't know how to do Many thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Amanji replied 7 years ago.

Good morning


It appears that UKBA are correct. Only Middlesex University and Middlesex College of Law Ltd appear to be on the register dated 28 January 2010. You did not provide the name of your new college. You can check if they are on the regiser by clicking the link below:


You are under a duty to keep UKBA updated on any change of circumstances such as changing course and college. The rules permit such a change but you need to inform them. Submit certificate of enrolment from new college which should highlight, inter alia, their sponsor licence number, your full name, your course and its duration, what assignments and exams are involved and their dates. Request UKBA to review their decision to refuse visa.


However, you should not waive your appeal rights. The deadline to appeal is strict and so appeal notice should be lodged in time. Whether or not you appeal is of course a matter for you but you should not rely on goodwill from UKBA.


If your new college is on the register then you should lodge appeal notice stating that you have now switched to new college that is on the register. You will need to collect evidence of your attendance rate and progress to submit at trial which is likely to be within 2 months of lodging appeal notice. You should obtain supporting letters from the college also (Principal and Personal Tutor) confirming any progress that you have made (if at all because you would have only recently started course).


TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE. YOU NEED TO ACT QUICKLY. I suggest you instruct legal representation to conduct your case because it is not simple. Click on link below to search for your local immigration law solicitors:


All the best.




Please click green button to accept answer.


Amanji and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions