Amanji
Amanji, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  Litigation Partner with live and varied private client immigration caseload.
17162337

i am readying homeoffice/apply under european law page and

i am readying homeoffice/apply under european law page and wonder what is the difference between residence card and family member residence stamps? are they both necessay for eea family member? anyone please...s.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Amanji replied 7 years ago.

Good morning

If your boyfriend has been working continuously in UK for at least last 12 months and you get married. You can apply for residence card on EEA2. Your circumstances do not appear to me that you need to apply for FMRS.

Remember to apply for certificate of approval to get married in UK to your partner first though. Unless you are both Church of England religion which is exempted. If not, you would need certificate of approval from UKBA in order to have civil marriage.

Also, certificate of approval does not act as a visa. Please ensure that you have valid visa throughout your time in UK to avoid adverse immigration record.

Hope that helps. Kind regards

Customer/p>

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
if you wouldnt mind me asking further relevant question, as i have read it so far coa is a-must-have-to for only me if i want to get married here. the only worried is by the time i have got all the documents ready, the 1 yr leave to remain i have will be few days short for the minimum 3 months rule. i know i still be able to send and be considered, but thing might get a bit sticky and take longer than what it is now. my question is, what should i apply as the support documents to specify that ours is genuine, not a sham. your answer or advice is very much appreciate,Customer And my apology to have to ask further more, as we all plan to do it ourself if possible. thank you so much and have a nice day.
Expert:  Amanji replied 7 years ago.

I suggest that you send off for COA sooner rather than later. It should be granted without too much of a problem. Granting it should be a formality (but can take some time to process) as UKBA lost an important COA case in July 2008 which decalred the scheme unlawful.

You would both need to provide sworn affidavits if UKBA require them. Application fee for COA is currently suspended. You do not have anyting to lose by making application now.

Hope that helps. Kind regards

Customer/p>