How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11694
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister came on 2 years spouse visa into the uk which has

Customer Question

My sister came on 2 years spouse visa into the uk which has not expired, but she has returned to her country bangladesh and currently resides there.

my sisiter has now separated from spouse and they have started divorce proceedings and the spouse has informed the home office that he wishes the spouse visa to be cancelled as they are no longer together.

Also my sister has lost her bangladeshi passport which had the visa.

therefore is it possible for to apply for replacement spouse visa to re-enter the uk, if not does she have any other options?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



If the marriage has broken down and the Home Office has been informed, it is likely that any visa she still has may be curtailed.


I would suggest she apply for a replacement Bangladeshi Passport first and then contact the UK High Commission in Dhaka to see if they would issue her with a replacement spouse visa. I am of teh opinion that as Divorce proceedings have been issued, it is unlikely.


If she wishes to make an applciation for another Spouse Visa, she will heav to re-marry once she is divorced.


I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions