INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

i am a british citizen with an 8 month old son who is also

i am a british citizen with an 8 month old son who is also a british citizen. my partner is an overstayer from zimbabwe. How can we legalise her stay? she came to the uk in 2000 and we met in dec 2006
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question. Your partner may be able to submit an application for Asylum due to the problems facing Zimbabwean deportees from the UK. Further, you may also have grounds unter Article 8 of the Human Rights Act 1998.

I would suggest you contact a Solicitor to make the application for you. If you are in the south east of England, I can suggest you contact Mrs Khan on 01189 585 855. Alternatively, check on teh law society website under the section Find A Solicitor.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What if i want to make an application under article 8 myself? Which form do i fill in and where can i get information?
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

You will need to submit Form FLR (O) and pay the appropriate fee.