INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Visa inquiry ! urgent recently applied for post study work

Customer Question

Visa inquiry ! urgent

recently applied for post study work permit, today i received my application with a letter stating that the form i used for the application is wrong therefore it is considered as an invalid application.
what happened was, the form was changed between the date I applied and the date they started to act on my application. it is obvious that I was not aware of this change, even if I was, i would not be able to change it as I already had made my application.
The question is what I should do ? My visa is already expired.... should i reapply mentioning this change and enclosing their letters or just leave the country ?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

I would suggest you contact the Home Office and provide them with the proof of any posting.

If you printed the form from the UKBA Website, you should also be able to argue that it is a mistake on their part.

Your other option is to submit afresh application as soon as possible using the correct form.

I hoep this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,