INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

hi me and my girlfriend staying together since 2 years 3 months.

hi me and my girlfriend staying together since 2 years 3 months. my grlfnd visa going to expire in april 31 2010 she is in psw visa. can we apply for visa extention under staying togather for 2 yrs if possible how can we. or any other option to apply for visa extenision
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

You cannot apply for an extension of the visa based on your relationship.

If the relationship is long term, you may think about getting married in which case she would be eligible to make an application for a spouse visa.

The only alternative is for yoru girlfriend to make an application for a visa under the Points Based System, either a Tier 1 or Tier 2 type Visa.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can we marry here, thn we can apply frm here, and wht all the things to do and how much time it wil take,and wht the procedure
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

You can marry in the UK. Your girlfreind will need to first apply for a Certificate of Approval from the Home Office. Once granted, she will be entitled to marry. Thereafter, she will be eligible to make an application for a Spouse Visa.

If she is granted a Spouse Visa, she will be allowed to stay in the UK for a period of 2 years. At the end of the 2 years, she will have to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

If her Visa is due to expire in April, I suggest she apply for a Certificate of Approval as soon as possible.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

Kind regards,