INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have met a phillipina lady and been to the phllipines twice

Customer Question

I have met a phillipina lady and been to the phllipines twice to meet her,we have known each other for over a year and have decided to marry early next year,after which we both want to live in england at my home.we love each other and are very serious about our future.what I would like to know is,do I need any legal documents so I can marry her and bring her to england,and,does she require any legal documents to come to england to live,and are there any conditions for her coming to live.thank you,john marshall.

I live in england,I am widowed,the lady in question has almost got her annulment through before xmas,after which we are going to get married in the phillipines.we then want to live together here in my country,.we know she will probably require a marriage visa to come here,but is there any other documents she will need,and is there anything I need before we get married e.g.legal documents.thank you

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

There is no additional documents that you need to obtain prior to getting married, however, I would suggest that you keep a record of any telephone calls and a copy of any correspondence.

Onced you are married in teh Phillipines, your wife will need to make an application for a Spouse Visa. In order for the visa to be granted, you will have to show that the marriage is genuine and that you will be able to support your partner without recourse to public funds.

For details of making an application for a Spouse Visa, click on the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/husbandswivescivilpartners/

I hope this answers yoru question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,