INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

what happens if my visit visa expires in the uae 5 days before

Customer Question

what happens if my visit visa expires in the uae 5 days before i am travelling back to the UK
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I am afraid tha the bad news is that if your visa will expire before you travel to teh UK, it is highly likely that you will be refused entry. You will need to make an application for a new visa before you travel.

I hope this answers yoru question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi

Sorry, the answer did not help me as I have been told from the department of natrualisation and residency that after my visa expires I have at least 10 days to either leave the country or extend my visa.

The question was based on my visitors visa running out on 19th November and I am flying back to UK on 25th November, will I need to extend even though there are only 6 days inbetween.

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Yes you will need to extend. If you overstay without obtaining an extension, it may affect your ability to enter the UK at another time.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

Kind regards,