INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I have to renew my stay after 6 years maried with my wife

Customer Question

I have to renew my stay after 6 years maried with my wife who is french citizen, but my wife do not want to send it passport to the uk brother immigration because our relation ship break down , but with got two children who got french nationality.
but I used EEA4 form to apply for permanent residence, and my form was rejected because they need my wife is passport and proof of 5 yeas that I was resident in uk .

could you help me?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

If your wife is unwilling to provide her passport, it is unlikely that your application will be granted and you may need to consider making a different application based on the length of time you have resided in the UK.

If you have been in the UK for 6 years, I would suggest you apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain using Form SET O.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,