INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have a question regarding immigration. I am a British citizen

I have a question regarding immigration. I am a British citizen and I very much want my Kosovar partner to join me in the UK. I am currently working in Italy as a teacher - I came to Italy in August of this year but it is not a permanent move - I just want to broaden my teaching experience. I own a house in Cumbria and am a qualified and experienced secondary school teacher. My last UK post, that I left in August 2009, paid me a salary of £44,000 so I am confident that when I return to the UK, there should be little difficulty in securing a new post. Therefore, I believe I would be in a position to stand as guarantor for my partner.

He is a police sergeant in Pristina, capital of Kosova; he speaks good English, and fluent Albanian and Serbian. He wants to work in the UK and not just rely on me although I can provide for him. Please can you advise on what application route we take to get him a longterm or renewable visa. Our aim is to be living together in UK from summer 2010. Thanks!
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

The bad news is that short of marrying your partner, there is little you will be able to do to help him secure Leave to remain in the UK unless he makes an application on his own merit under one of teh categories of the Points Based System (PBS).

From the information you have provided above, it would seem your Partner would have to make an application for either a Tier 1 (General) or a Tier 2 (General) Visa.

Failing that, if you do intend to marry within 6 months of him arriving in the UK, you could consider a Fiancee Visa.

Your final option would be to get married in Kosovo and then for him to make an application for a Sppouse Visa.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Please could you give me a more information on the tier 1 and 2 that you mentioned, and on the ten categories. I'm aware that you have limited space in which to answer so could you also advise on where I can find out more about these points - the government immigration site is so confusing! Is there any simpler explanations? Would you recommend that I make an initial appointment with a solicitor specializing in immigration law?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
please could you give me more information on the tier 1 and 2 that you mentioned and on the ten categories? I'm aware that you have limited space in which to reply so could you advise on where to find out more about these application types? Is it worth me making an initial appointment with a solicitor specializing in immigration?
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Click on the following link for furter details of working in the UK:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/

I hope this helps.