INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

i have been living with my brazilian girlfriend for two and

Customer Question

i have been living with my brazilian girlfriend for two and a half years and she was married to a portuguese guy and is since divorced so she has been on a family member of an eea national up until now. She has applied for permanent residency in the UK but they have responded asking for paperwork she cannot provide. Is there any other options if for us if her visa is denied and how long will she have to sort things out if it is denied? Could we marry in UK or Brazil, would that make any difference? Please help as we are desperate!
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If she is refused, I would suggest she make an application for a Fiancee Visa. If granted, you would have to marry within six months. Thereafter, she will be eligible to make an application for a Spouse Visa.

Click on the following link for further details:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/eligibility/partnersandchildren/fianceeorproposedcivilpartner/

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your speedy response. If it is denied how long will they give her before she would have to return to Brazil? So how long does it take to apply and how do we go about applying for a fiance visa?
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

I would suggest that any new application be made within a few days of any refusal. An application can take anything up to 6 months to be decided.

I hope this helps.