INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

i have a friend that had applied to leave for remain in the

Customer Question

i have a friend that had applied to leave for remain in the uk after being a student with a granted visa for over six years. She has claimed asylum and is also in a same sex relationship. She is from a country that does not understand these values and is very homophobic. Her laywer has charged nearly £4000 for filling in some form and making a few phone calls and putting some information together for a appeal when her original case was turned down. could you please advise as to whether this cost is accurate as i feel her laywer/solicitor is just trying to extract as much money as possible. She has had the appeal turned down and now is going onto the next and last possible chance of winning her original case as instructed by her laywer as yet another cost of over £1500. PLease can you tell me if this cost is accurate. I know very liitle information is provided but any information is helpful. I eagerly await your response
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Immigration cases are expensive to run. A typical case aveages around £2000-3000. Generally, an application would cost no more than £1000, however, an appeal could cost anything up to £6000.

If you are unhappy with the fees being charged, you may wish to refer the invoice to the Solicitors Regulation Authority for review.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,