INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I am 30 weeks pregnant and currently living in the UK. My husband

I am 30 weeks pregnant and currently living in the UK. My husband is Algerian and living in Algeria. In Aug 09 he applied for a visitor visa with my Dad as his sponsor. We are still waiting for his answer. I have contacted my MP and the visa website to ask why there has been a delay. In the answer from the Home Office via my MP it said the ECO had deferred my husbands application to make enquiries.
My question is How long can they consider his application for without giving us an answer?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for yoru question. I am afraid the answer to that question is indefinitely. Any application submitted to the Home Office is normally investigated and a decision is not normally provided until the investigations have been carried out.

In this case, I am afraid that if the letter from the MP has not rendered a response, all you can do is wait or withdraw the application and submit a fresh one.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,