INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I am a US citizen married to a British wife. I lived in the

I am a US citizen married to a British wife. I lived in the UK from the ages of 6 until I was 18 (My mum was British and my father was an American serviceman). I met my wife when she was visiting the US. We have been married for 6 years and have 2 children, 4 years and 17 months old. We are trying to move back to the UK. What visa should I apply for. We have read a lot of websites and are VERY confused.

Kevin Shols
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Hi Kevin,

If you have been married for four years or more, you will be eligible to make an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Click on the following link for further details:

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We currently live in the U.S. I do not think that I can use the form that you sugested, or can I?. We are trying to move the family back home to the UK as`soon as possible. Do I need to apply for a visa to get to the UK? If so which one? This is where we are getting confused. We are currently applying to the childrens UK passports, but what do I need to get in?