INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Im a russian national, lived in uk, london since 19 sep 2004,

Customer Question

I'm a russian national, lived in uk, london since 19 sep 2004, since 31 dec 2007 i've been living illegally in UK, previously I have been living on a student visa. I have a daughter who was born on 24 sep 2008. So I found out that my girlfriend was pregnant just before my visa run out. That's the reason I decided to stay. I was scared of being deported and not being able to see my daughter, so I lived illegally but I have finally realized that I can't live like this forever especially if I want to get a good job in order to provide better life for my little girl. I was wondering if I there is any way possible for me to legalize in this country as a father of a british child, without getting married. Thank you very much in advance.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I am afraid that the bad news is that there is nothing that you can do to regularise your stay if you have been living in the UK illegally since 2007.

You will have to return to Russia and make a fresh application for a Visa from there.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further qeustions.

Kind regards,