How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11819
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi!I am a 50-year old Lithuanian living(for 4 years)in England

Resolved Question:

Hi!I am a 50-year old LithuanXXXXX XXXXXving(for 4 years)in England and working as a teaching assistant at school.How can I apply for British citizenship?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



What is your current immigration status?


If you have a Visa, when does it expire?


Many thanks,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.


What do you mean by "status"? I come from Lithuania which is a EU member.I have also got a work permit .


Many thanks.

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



In order to apply for UK Citizenship, you first need to obtain Indefinite leave to remain. You will be able to do this once you have been in the Uk for a period of 5 years legally. Therefater, you will be entitled to apply for Naturalisation as a UK Citizen.


I hope this answers yoru question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions