INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Hallo there, I am writing to you in an endeavour to find the

Hallo there,
I am writing to you in an endeavour to find the right and legal solution for the following:
I am a South African and love a man from Manchester, United Kingdom. We are getting married 30 January 2010 after which I would like to join my (now) fiancé (then)my husband in living and working in the UK. I am currently in procession of a visitor’s visa that expires in December.
A bit of our background: He has lived in Manchester his whole life.His brother and himself bought a house together and are sharing the accommodation.The address isXXXXXOld Trafford.I have been living in South Africa for my whole life. I have been working for South African Airways for 26 years.I am currently unemployed.I own my house in South Africa and will be renting it out whilst staying in UK.
My reason for seeking your help:How do I go about immigrating to the UK after the wedding? Your assistance will be appreciated.My XXXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for yoru question.

Once you are married, you will need to make an application for a Spouse Visa. If granted, you will be granted 2 years Limited Leave to Remain in the UK. At the end of the 2 year period, you will need to make an applciation for Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK.

Click on the following link for further details:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settlement/spouses

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hallo thank you for you answer so far. What you metioned is things I do know. What I want to know is: What am I to do now. As I've said we are getting married the 30th of Jan 2010. Directly after that I want to go to the UK to stay. What VISA should I complete for now to enable me to accompany him back to UK as my details until then will still be as his fiance and not his wife. So my passport and all other documents will still be in my own surname. There is so many different visa's available on the UKvisa webpage and it is totally confusing. I just want to complete the correct forms to make sure I am legal.

Kind regards

Tessa Wilken
Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

If you marry in January, you will need to make an application for a Spouse Visa. You will be able to download a form from the UK Visas Website. The form you require is VAF4A.

Once you are married, you will be unable to apply as a Fiancee.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks again. So what you are saying is that I can only apply for a visa AFTER I have gotten married, in other word I will not be able to accompany my husband back to the UK untill the UK border agency are satisfied?
I am sorry if I seem like a nuisance it is not my intention. I just want to be hundred percent sure of everything.
And then....Hope this new year is a wonderful, blessed one for you and your family.

Greetings
Tessa
Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

Yes that is correct. You will not be able to travel with your husband and will have to wait until the UKBA have processed your application and granted you a Visa.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

Kind regards,

Edited by INC on 1/4/2010 at 9:19 AM EST
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so musch for your help and patience. Have a great day.

Tess Wilken.
Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

Its a pleasure.

Good Luck.