Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
13262538

hello im a british cititzen i have been we my partner just

Customer Question

hello im a british cititzen i have been we my partner just over a year he has been here in the uk since 25 feb 2003 under the home office he goes to sign each week as arranged when he entered the uk we have a 6 month old son together we are both wanting to know are we allowed to get married in a registry office by law if yes what id will my partner need to do this. thank you for your time :)
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 7 years ago.

hi

you can either try and find a priest to marry you in a church of england church, or your partner needs to apply for a certificate of approval - details here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/visitingtheuk/coaguidance.pdf

claire

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
SO IF WE MARRY IN A CHURCH OF ENGLAND WE DONT NEED A (COA) WHAT WILL MY PARTNER NEED FOR HIS ID?
Expert:  Clare replied 7 years ago.

hi

no you wont - but you will need to find a vicar prepared to preform the ceremony and it willbe up to him or her what id they require

claire