INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

i am a Nigerian,i gave birth to my son in the uk 4 mths ago

Customer Question

i am a Nigerian,i gave birth to my son in the uk 4 mths ago with a visiting visa and the father of my son is british and has passed british citizenship to my son. Even though we are unmarried, can my son live with me and my husband in Nigeria and also bear my last name on his british passport?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

In response to your questions, yes your son can live with you in Nigeria and bear your name on the passport if it is the name on the birth certificate.

Where the chiild lives is a matter for you and the father of yoru son.

I hope this answers yoru question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Since my son is british and i am on a 2yrs visiting visa to the uk,can i be given residence permit in the uk even though i am not married to the father of my son? If not, can i enter and leave the uk with my son whenever i like with my visiting visa?

Also having given birth to my british son in the uk by virtue of his father being british with my visiting visa, will i be refused a visa renewal in Nigeria despite my making full payment of the hospital bill in cash? I also did not overstay with my 2yrs visiting visa

Customer: replied 7 years ago.