Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

am living with this man for 3yrs and now he dead he was my

am living with this man for 3yrs and now he dead he was my partner can i still apply for civil partnership as a student status in the u.k and what document i will have to produce i am the one that buried him so i have the died certificate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
i used to live with a man and he die am the one name on the died certificate can i apply for breavement to get my ILR we live together for over 3 years am a student visa expiry next year and he die last year
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry to hear of your loss but No you cannot apply to remain as the civil partner of someone who is dead. if you are already here as a civil partner the Border agency may take this into account on an application for an extension of your stay but otherwise there is no relationship on the basis of which you can apply to stay. You will have to satisfy the student or other requirements on your own account.