INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I HAVE BEEN IN THE U.K SINCE THE LAST 7 YEARS AND HAVE AN INDEFINITE

Customer Question

I HAVE BEEN IN THE U.K SINCE THE LAST 7 YEARS AND HAVE AN INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN VISA. RECENTLY MY HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER HAVE JOINED ME AFTER APPLYING FOR A SETTLEMENT VISA. ON THE VISA THAT MY DAUGHTER OBTAINED SAYS TYPE:MULT VISA TO ACC FATHER/CYR. MY QUESTION IS: MY DAUGHTER BEING BELOW 18 OF AGE, CAN I APPLY FOR A BRITISH PASSPORT FOR HER WHEN I APPLY FOR MINE? MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS beth_samuel @rediffmail.com
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question. The short answer to your question is no she cannot unless she has been in the UK for a period of 5 years and obtained ILR.

Once she has obtained ILR in her own right, she will be eligible to make an application for a Passport once Naturalised.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,