INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I want my Filipina girlfriend to come to the UK for a holiday

I want my Filipina girlfriend to come to the UK for a holiday for 2 or 3 weeks this Christmas and the New Year. How can I organise a visa for her. She will be staying with me so there will be no financial implications for her and I will be paying for her return flight. I am British and we have already met in the Philippines and are in a real relationship.

Any help in this matter will be appreciated
Thank you
Gerry Ranger
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Your girlfriend will need to make an application for a Visitors Visa in her home country.

Click on the following link for further details:

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you for the reply. My girlfriend has been told by her friend that she has to have sufficient funds in her bank before she will be given a visa to visit. She does not have sufficent funds if that is the case, but I am going to support her financially while she is here but I don't know how to go about showing the authorities of this. Can you advise me that what her friend is saying is true and if so how I can go about proving my responsibility for her.
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Yes it is true that she has to show sufficient funds, however, you can sponsor her application by providing a statutory declaration and showing evidence of your finances.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes thank you that is very helpful. Can you tell me how do I make the statutory declaration and who do I send it to. Is it a form and if so how do I obtain it. So far I haven't managed to find any help on the Border Agency site with regard to this problem.
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

it is best if you as a solicitor to draft one for you. It should cost no more that £100 for a statutory declaration.