INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

hi, I Have a step dad who came in to the UK illegally , in

Customer Question

hi, I Have a step dad who came in to the UK illegally , in 1997 till present, since then he has three children , because he had an islamic marriage with my mother in the year 2001. but he has been stopped by the police in 2006 because he was shoplifting, the police found out that he was illegal and told the immigration that he is illegal and not allowed to stay in the uk. Immigration sent him a letter telling him to appear in their immingration office on a specific date, he did not go to their office, during this period he did not get on with my mother very well this cause of this was him commiting sexual assaults with my mom. their relationship has been broken since 2-3 years.

On the date 09/10/2009 me and my mom were out shopping and saw him, he cam to use and threatend to kill my mom. the police are dealing with this matter. when the police find him he will be arrested and will be asked questions. he is currently banned nationally in you the uk. can you tell me outcome.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

If the UK Border Agency has requested to sign periodically and he has absconded, there is little they can do until such time as they become aware of his whereabouts.

There may be a decision made in his absence, however, he will have the right to appeal if he has not had Notice of the Hearing.

If they become aware of his whereabouts, and he is detained, due to the current situation, it seems the UKBA may deport him to his home country.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We found out that he is in contatc with a lawyer about his case, we found out that he is going to give a case only about himself (him staying in the uk illegally from 1997-2009. he said he is not going to use the children as a base to get stay in the uk
Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

You should contact immigration and inform them of the situation. You should inform them that he has a family in the UK and also inform them of his trouble withthe Police.

You may also wish to contact the office of your local MP and request that they write to the Home Office on your behalf.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can I type a letter to the immigration or is it nessecary we get a lawyer to do it for us.

Will the Immigration accept my letter if i type it up myself

Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

You can send a letter to immigration. It is not necessary for a Solicitor to send it.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay, so when my stepdad got caught in 2006 due to shoplifting and when they asked him to come to the immigration office he never went, can you tell me has this caused him to loose his years of stay in uk time 1997-2006. basically has his years restarted after 2006.
Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

The only thing that may help him is if he has been in the uk illegally for 14 years or more (long residence rule) if he has been here since 1997, it is not 14 years.

It is likely UK BA will decide his application fairly quickly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So when he gets Caught by immigration, will the police ask my mom with any question; reason being of my mom knowing that a illegal person is staying in the uk, because my mom tried a lot of times to settle with him, he did not accept that and caused more and more fights with my mom. will this affect my 2 small sisters and my small brother

Expert:  INC replied 4 years ago.

They may. It is difficult to speculate until such time as they contact you.