INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

UK immigration law concerning romanians is confusing at best.

Customer Question

UK immigration law concerning romanians is confusing at best. My partner is Canadian and I am Romanian. I currently reside in the UK as a romanian under the EU. IS there any way that my canadian partner can live with me permanently in the uk? We are not married at this time, and his holiday visa is expired. Please advise on all options available to us, and how to go about it. Thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I am afraid unless you and your partner are married, there is little he will be able to and will have to return to Canada.

In any event, if he has a UK Visitors Visa, he will be unable to switch into another category of Visa.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,