How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11718
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

UK immigration law concerning romanians is confusing at best.

Customer Question

UK immigration law concerning romanians is confusing at best. My partner is Canadian and I am Romanian. I currently reside in the UK as a romanian under the EU. IS there any way that my canadian partner can live with me permanently in the uk? We are not married at this time, and his holiday visa is expired. Please advise on all options available to us, and how to go about it. Thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I am afraid unless you and your partner are married, there is little he will be able to and will have to return to Canada.

In any event, if he has a UK Visitors Visa, he will be unable to switch into another category of Visa.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions