INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

hi.we are a bulgarian family.we came in february 2008.may wife

hi.we are a bulgarian family.we came in february 2008.may wife and I were self-emploiyd.in april 2009 she got her blue card and I may yellow one.now I am wondering if I can applay for blue card.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Why did you not make an application for a blue card at the same time?

Are you dependant upon your wife or are you now employed?

Many thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi. I did not know that we could have done this at ones.when we appled she was may dependent,so we decided I to get yellow card,she the blue card.now I am still self-employed and as it I cant work everything I want because of the restrictions.

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

You can make an application for a Blue Registration card now. As you have been in the UK for a period of more than 12 months, you will be eligible to make an application for a Blue Registration Card.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly lcick accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for this. Are you saying that my status has changed because i've been here for 12 months?

As far as i know there is a different regime for Bulgarians and Romenians which is independent from the time spent. Is that not the case?

Where can i find more information about the 12 months rule?

What is the application form i need to fill and where do i get it from?

Regards,

Radostin.

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

You will be able to find details of the rules on the following site:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/bulgariaromania/Employingabulgarianroman0408

As for a copy of the Form, this can be downloaded from teh Uk Border Agency website.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I cant see anything on the page you sent that mentions a 12 month rule.

Where did you get that from?

Regards,

Radostin.

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.
From the Immigration Rules. The Rules state you are allowed to apply for a Blue Card / EEA1 registration. This can take a few months but is free. Once you receive your Blue Card, you will be exempt from the WRS. You can also apply for a Blue Card if you have completed 12 months work under the WRS with no more than 30 days break – this can be for different employers.

I hope this helps.