INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

My son has just married a US citizen. He has to return to

My son has just married a US citizen. He has to return to the UK tomorrow. Would his wife be allowed to come to the UK for a month's holiday and she had a return flight booked would she be allowed into the country as she was refused entry in July this year but they were not married at the time? He is 26 yrs. old and she is nearly 20 yrs. old. When she was refused entry she did not have a return ticket and she said she intended to work and did not have a work permit.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

She may be allowed into the UK on a Visitors Visa, however, this is a decision only an Immigration Officer at the port of entry can make.

What she needs to do is make an application for a Spouse Visa, however, as she is only 20, she will not be eligible as the Immigration Rules state that both parties to a marriage must be 21 years of age or over.

I would suggest she make an application for a Visitors Visa before she leaves the US.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,