INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I came to the UK in mid 2006 on a 3 year work permit. Earlier

I came to the UK in mid 2006 on a 3 year work permit. Earlier this year as the permit expired the company sponsored me for an extention and got me a 'tier 2 visa' till Sep 2010. If I want to leave this company's employment, will I be able to sponsor myself for a similar visa which allows me to work for some other employer? When will I be able to apply for indefinite leave?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

In response, if you leave the employment of your existing company, you will beed to obtain sponsorship from another company and then make an application for a New Visa. If you are unable to obtai Sponsorship, you will have to switch to another category of Visa.

With regard to eligibility for ILR, from the information you have provided above, it would seem you would be eligible to make an application in 2011.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,